Pesto is awesome because it’s so easy to make new, delicious variations of it no matter how drunk you are.
No Parmesan? Use Peccorino! No Peanuts? Use Pinenuts! Use your brains people (and a mortar and pestle, or food processor) and make pesto STAT!
I decided to toss my pesto through some fettuccine, but have also served this pesto with Italian antipasto when having guests over which sounds a wee bit pretentious, but deal with it.
What Will I Need?
1 bunch carrot tops, washed
3 cloves garlic
50g parmesan cheese
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp chopped unsalted peanuts
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp butter
1. Blitz the carrot tops, garlic, cheese, EVOO, peanuts, and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor until well combined.
2. Bring a large pot of well salted water to the boil.
3. Add pasta and cook according to packet instructions, minus one minute (cook until it still has a bite, prior to a-dente).
4. Once pasta has cooked, drain and set aside.
5. Whilst the pasta cooks: In a wide, shallow fry pan melt 1tbsp butter before adding the pesto over a high heat, and bring to a bubble. Reduce to a low heat.
6. Add pasta and stir through for one minute.
7. Divide between four dishes and serve.