Looking for a delicious and Healthy Soup ready in fewer ten minutes?
This is the soup for you, my friend!
This soup, also known as egg flower soup, is right up there on my list of favourite Chinese dishes (along with Short Soup and Satay Chicken), and it is so simple to make at home you don’t have to wait til the next time you get Chinese takeout in order to enjoy it!
As always, remember to use quality stock when making any soup. Ensure it is salt, pepper and sugar free so you can adjust these factors to the dish you are cooking as well as your own tastes. Personally, I prefer to use the Knorr stock pots.
What Will I Need?
4 1/2 cups chicken stock, divided
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp minced ginger
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp cornflour
1 spring onion, green parts only, finely sliced.
1. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of stock and cornflour.
2. In a large pot over a high heat, bring 4 cups of stock, soy sauce, and ginger to the boil.
3. Add the cornflour mixture to the boiling stock.
4. Reduce to a low heat, and using a fork, dribble the beaten eggs into the soup.
5. Divide between four bowls and garnish with sliced spring onions.