Realistically this could have been two separate recipes, but it tasted so good all together that I couldn’t bear to separate them! I want you to enjoy it just the way I enjoyed it!
And please don’t be intimidated by the numerous steps here – it’s really quite easy if you are prepared and know where you are at!
What Do I Need?
2 Large Chicken Breasts
8 Small Chillies, finely diced
4 Cloves Garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbs olive oil
2 pieces flat bread (tortilla, wrap or pita)
1 tbs sumac
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
500g punnets grape tomatoes, halved
4 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
2 Small Green Capsicum, diced
6 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
1 cup fresh mint leaves
¼ cup Natural Yoghurt
2 tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the chillies, garlic, cumin, coriander and olive oil.
- Marinade chicken pieces in the spice rub for half an hour..
- Lay out flat bread on an oven tray and drizzle with 1 tbs of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping the bread over half way through. Once crisp, remove from the stove and set aside.
- Cook chicken on a grill over high heat for five minutes each side or until cooked through.
- In a salad bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots, capsicums, parsley and mint.
- Sprinkle the sumac over the salad, and then drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Break up the flat bread over the salad and then toss lightly until everything is well combined.
- Thinly slice cooked chicken on the diagonal and then arrange over the tossed salad.
- Mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, and cumin and then drizzle over the salad.